Water buffalo products are in a class of their own in terms of health and taste. Water buffalo meat is incredibly lean and tender, and the pure, porcelain white milk is protein and calcium rich.
Animal care is the top priority of each BCWBPA farm. We are passionate about our water buffalo and about ethical, sustainable farm practices that produce quality meat.
Benefits at a Glance
- Water buffalo milk is pure white, with a velvety smoothness and subtle sweetness.
- Buffalo milk contains high levels of the natural antioxidant tocopherol.
- 58% more calcium than cow’s milk
- 40% more protein than cow’s milk
- 43% less cholesterol than cow’s milk
- High in CLA or conjugated linoleic acid
- Both milk and meat products from water buffalo are rich in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a compound that has been found to possess many benefits including reducing risks of cancer and diabetes and supporting bone and weight maintenance.
Water buffalo meat tastes very similar to beef but is considered a healthier alternative because it contains less fat and cholesterol and more protein than beef.
- Less cholesterol than beef
- More protein than beef
- High levels of Omega 3, a fatty acid that is commonly found in marine and plant oils. This polyunsaturated fat is known to lower triglycerides.
A 2010 study suggests that the consumption of water buffalo meat seems to be associated with several beneficial effects on cardiovascular risk profile, including lower carotid atherosclerotic burden and susceptibility to oxidative stress. (European Journal of Clinical Nutrition (2010) 64, 1000-1006; doi:10.1038/ejcn.2010.108; published online 30 June 2010)
How to Cook Water Buffalo Meat: Lean meats like water buffalo need to be prepared rare or medium rare to preserve moisture.
Rich Water Buffalo Milk Exceptional for Dairy Products
Differing from cow, goat and sheep's milk in its richness and composition, buffalo milk offers lower cholesterol and high calcium, as well as higher fat and protein content that make water buffalo milk exceptional for processing into an endless array of dairy products.
|Properties||Pure white, 100% more fat content than cow's milk; can be preserved longer.|
|Nutrition||Buffalo milk is extremely rich in calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus. A good source of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA).|
|Health Benefits||Supports bone, dental and cardiovascular health, while reducing the risk of diabetes. Helps to maintain a healthy body weight.|
|Uses||Produces thick and creamy dairy products. Suitable for the manufacture of traditional milk products like yogurt, ice cream and cheese as well as offering flexibility for the development of novel products.|